E-Rate Application Services
The E-Rate program is administered by the Schools and Libraries Division (SLD) of the Universal Service Administrative Company (USAC). The program was designed so that eligible schools and libraries have affordable access to modern telecommunications and information services. The E-Rate program supports connectivity - the conduit or pipeline for communications using telecommunications services and/or the Internet.
Funding may be requested under two categories of service: Category One services include Data Transmission Services and Internet Access. Category Two services include Internal Connections, Managed Internal Broadband Services, and Basic Maintenance of Internal Connections. Discounts for support depend on the category of service requested, the level of poverty, and the urban/rural status of the appropriate school district. Discounts range from 20 percent to 90 percent of the costs of eligible services. The level of discount is based on the percentage of students eligible for participation in the National School Lunch Program or other federally approved alternative mechanisms.
- Region 3 E-Rate services helps guide schools through the E-rate process by reducing the burden while increasing success in obtaining services and products essential to the classroom
- Completion on behalf of applicant any necessary FCC Forms including, but not limited to, FCC Forms 470, 471, 472, 486 and 500, SPIN Change, and Service Substitution Letters
- Assist in preparing a Request for Proposal (RFP) for E-Rate eligible services supplementing the FCC Form 470
- Review monthly billings, invoices, and/or contracts for funding eligibility under the FCC rules and guidelines
- Notify applicant of relevant deadlines for the submission of completed FCC Forms 470, 471 and 486 to the SLD and of relevant program rule changes
- Provide on-site technical assistance and professional development
Cost by District
Category 1 Services - $500 plus 20% of Funded Amount (Max $2500 of funded amount)
Category 2 Services - 3% of Funded Amount