Credit by Examination
Region 3 will serve as an administration site for Credit by Exam during two of the four required testing windows. The test sessions meet the requirements of TAC§74.24 for students to test out of a grade level or subject. The Service Center, in conjunction with the University of Texas (UT), has entered into an agreement to administer the UT tests at the Service Center. The University of Texas-Austin will report exam scores to districts.
Services provided to participating districts include:
- Communication with a district-designated contact person
- Registration procedures, deadlines and assessment dates
- Sample press release for required advertising
- Registration for students to be assessed
- Provide assistance to district contact person
- Work with UT system to order and process assessments
- Unlimited telephone and email technical assistance
Two testing windows: One in June, one in July.
Three days per month, with two testing sessions each day.