Title III, Part A, English Language Acquisition Shared Services Arrangement (SSA)
Title III, Part A aims to ensure that English Learner (EL) and immigrant students attain English language proficiency and meet the same challenging State academic content and student academic achievement standards all children are expected to meet. Activities provided through the SSA are supplemental in relation to what the participating districts are required to provide.
Services Provided to Participating Districts/Campuses:
- Complete and submit the Title III application and amendments within specified deadlines
- Provide training and technical assistance on the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) and Performance-Based Monitoring Analysis Systems (PBMAS)
- Provide technical assistance to support implementation of English language acquisition programs and in helping English Language Learners meet the same state academic and student academic achievement standards
- Provide technical assistance and resources to assist districts in promoting parental and community participation in language instruction programs
- Provide professional development and other activities that assist migrant personnel:
- meeting state and local certification and licensing requirements for teaching English Language Learners,
- improving instruction of English Language Learners,
- increasing the ability of teachers to understand and use curricula, assessment measures, and instructional strategies for English Language Learners.
Title III, Part A Entitlement for the current school year