Lone Star Governance
Lone Star Governance (LSG) is an optional. first-of-its-kind training. initiative.
Founded on research, LSG is a continuous-improvement model for governing teams-boards in collaboration with their superintendent -who choose to focus intensely on only one primary objective: Improving Student Outcomes.
Governance teams express this intense focus throuhg a tailored execution of the five aspects of the Texas Framework for School Board Development:
In addition to driving a focus on improving student outcomes, the LSG philosophy and practice provide a system for managing the vital, though secondary, legal and fiscal responsibilities of the board.
Lone Star Governance Two-Day Workshop
At the root of this work is the underlying belief that leadership matters: leader’s choices have the power to be transformative in the lives of our students. Therefore, the workshop is designed as a conversation about governance behaviors that lead to improved student outcomes and draws from research as well as promising practices from participant experience. The two-day workshop provides a supportive space where governing teams learn about and prepare for the intense focus on improving student outcomes a described in the LSG Implementation Integrity Instrument.
The Lone Star Governance Manual includes five specific tools:
- Implementation LSG Instrument
- Board’s Time Use Tracker
- Board’s Staff Use Tracker
- Board’s Quarterly Progress Tracker
- Sample Policies and Documents
Two day workshop for Board Members and key administration: $3000
A Year of LSG Coaching Support
- Training for administration & board members
- Technical assistance in writing Student Outcome Goals
- Goal Progress Measures
- Review Calendar and Monitoring Reports
- Attendance and support during school board meetings
- Unlimited implementation support and technical assistance via email or telephone.