The School Health Contracted Services are designed to assist districts, campuses and campus nurses by providing professional development and technical assistance in the following areas:
1) healthy school environments;
2) healthy behaviors of students and school staff;
3) legislative requirements related to school health and district plans.
School Health Services are offered by a Registered Nurse and Educator to enhance school health activities, operations of school districts, and offer support to district nursing staff.
Services Provided to Participating Districts/Campuses:
- School Nurse Certification and updates on all required screenings including: Vision, Hearing, Spinal, Unlicensed Diabetic Care Assistant
- Updates on state mandates
- Technical assistance with School Health Advisory Councils (SHAC), School Health Curriculum, and Fitness Gram
- Professional development in the area of health at reduced or no cost (mental health, suicide, bullying)
- Assistance with annual audiometer calibration (every contracted campus will receive one audiometer calibration at no charge)Networking opportunities between regional school districts
- Professionals available to help by email, phone or text
$550 per campus