Our Autism Spectrum Disorders Program provides information, technical assistance and staff development opportunities to support parents, professionals and school personnel who work with students with Autism.
Training is designed to address the full range of student and district needs which include, but are not limited to: communication skills, social skills, assessment, academic skills, self-help skills, instructional methodologies, and current research in the scientific field of autism.
On-site technical assistance is available to help districts implement programs using best practices in visual strategies and other effective teaching methodologies designed for students with Autism Spectrum Disorders. Additionally, support is available to assist districts with compliance to the state requirements for extended-year programming, in-home training, and parent training.
- Texas Statewide Leadership for Autism
- TARGET: Texas Autism Resource Guide for the Effective Teaching
- Texas Statewide Leadership for Autism Online Trainings
- CDC Autism Information Center
- Autism Society of America
- Autism Speaks
- National Professional Development Center for Autism Spectrum Disorders
- OCALI – Ohio Center for Autism and Low Incidence