ESC3 has a regional network that provides a multi‐service wide area network integrating video and data on H.323 infrastructure.
The regional network support services have assisted districts in building effective and efficient technology infrastructures to meet the Public Access Initiative (PAI) and the State Long Range Plan for Technology as defined by the Texas Education Agency.
The state education network, TETN/Learn, is bridged to NET3 and allows for districts to connect to TEA, other districts across the state and educational resources per the TETN guidelines.
Services Provided to Participating Districts/Campuses
- Regional firewall protection at the NET3 core
- Bandwidth management and monitoring
- Upstream connectivity and support management (up to 10G core bandwidth provided by TETN Plus)
- Connectivity and quality of service support from NET3 to the district edge router
- Districts are responsible for equipment maintenance and connectivity
- Allows for users to connect to NET3 session with desktop and mobile devices running Zoom software
- Unlimited technical assistance via email, telephone, or virtual platform