IMPORTANT: It is essential for ALL Region 3 districts to join this service in order to receive the required training and support for the TSDS/PEIMS system.
The Texas Student Data System (TSDS), a major initiative by the Texas Education Agency, is a statewide system that modernizes and improves the quality of data collection, management, and reporting in Texas education. TSDS modernizes the PEIMS data collection process and puts real‐ time student performance data in the hands of educators to improve student achievement.
Member Services Include:
- Certification trainings for district staff in the areas of TSDS TEAL, Unique ID, and PEIMS. Unlimited number of staff may attend
- TEAL/Security as relative to TSDS PEIMS. Also, includes assistance for the superintendent with TEAL setup, screens and approval
- Unique‐ID for TSDS
- TIMS Help Desk Software, TEA required for PIDS and other
- Student Attendance Accounting
- TSDS PEIMS Discipline and Appendix
- Dropout and Leaver processing including proper
- Provide training in all aspects of PEIMS data collection and
- Present multiple training sessions concerning PEIMS finance, staff, and student reporting with an emphasis on new areas of
- Supply telephone consultation and assistance to district and campus staff to include principals, assistant principals, counselors, discipline clerks as needed for PEIMS Discipline Coding, Attendance guidelines and other applicable PEIMS related
- Inform the district of crucial areas of scrutiny by TEA (e.g., PID, PET, Underreported Leavers, TREx, Audits, PBM Data Validation, ).
- Inform the district of changes and updates in PEIMS as they occur including detailed explanation of the change reasons and resulting impact upon the
- Provide consultation and detailed technical assistance as needed to complete the PEIMS submissions and resubmission with a high degree of accuracy, verification and understanding of the rules and process.
- Provide consultation and technical assistance as needed to…
- Answer questions concerning the Texas Education Data
- Provide guidance through the TSDS
- Organize the data submission schedule and
- Support of TSDS security setup and
- Interpret Fatal Errors, Warnings, and Special
- Provide solutions in the PID correction
- Clarify various TSDS reports and emphasize their
- Monitor district files throughout the submission and resubmission
- After reviewing selected TSDS reports (if problems are found, the district will be notified and allowed to make corrections, if necessary).
- Assist the superintendent with any issues involving the final approval
- Support the district with the resubmission process if needed
- Support the district if working with a TEA auditor in a correction process
- Support the district if there are questions on TSDS PEIMS data as it is used in state reporting, pre‐coding, accountability, subgroups, calculations, TAPR, TPEIR, Data Validation and various report
Non‐Member Limited TSDS/PEIMS Services
(Provided at no cost to the non‐member but includes very minimal support)
- Basic question/answer phone support with emphasis on reference identification in the PEIMS Data Standards
- Excludes assistance with the Attendance Accounting
- Phone Support is limited to District PEIMS Coordinator and Superintendent .
- Excludes detailed data troubleshooting, analysis and priority
- Forward TEA communication updates specifically related to a PEIMS
- Press the ACCEPT button upon receipt of the Superintendent Approval
- Excludes the ESC 3 data checking and verification process before ACCEPT Non‐Member TSDS/PEIMS Training Rates