School Safety Services
The Region III Health and Safety services are designed to provide support and assistance to school districts in the development of Coordinated School Health programs which provide a systemic approach to providing safe learning environments and improving students' capacity to learn.
Services include professional development in a variety of health and safety related topics as well as certification trainings for Vision and Hearing Screening, Spinal Screening, and Texas Risk Assessment for Type 2 Diabetes in Children. Trainings for Unlicensed Diabetic Care Assistants (UDCA) and Safety & Security Audits are offered to meet additional state mandates.
Services also include access to and coordination with local, regional, and state resources and technical assistance to help schools in promoting positive school environments and healthy lifestyle choices.
Coordinated School Health
School Safety and Emergency Management
TACS School Law Conference Materials
- Safety First:The Requirements and Options for Securing Schools in Texas
- Session II: Security Assessment, Preparedness, and Media Relations
- Session III: Data Security Obligations, Contracting, and Notifications
- Session IV: Marshals, Guardians, MOUs, Private Security, and Mental Health
- Recalibrating School Response to Student Threats