Response to Intervention - Multi-Tiered System of Support
Response to Intervention (RtI) is a campus-wide approach to meet the academic and behavioral needs of all students. It is a problem-solving approach to determine and apply the most effective instructional practices for each student.
The RtI process utilizes:
- Rigorous, high-quality instruction for all students using a research-based curriculum.
- A tiered system of support, providing appropriate levels of academic and/or behavioral intervention based on a student’s needs.
- Utilization of a variety of data to guide educational decisions.
- Frequent monitoring of student progress and adaptation of instruction and intervention to meet student needs in a timely manner.
Region 3 Education Service Center provides assistance to school districts and campuses through a variety of RtI services. These include professional development, on-site training, technical assistance and contracted services. Please see below for specific service information and resources.
Response To Intervention Resources
The Commissioner's Lists of Reading Instruments
2014-2018 Commissioners List (Grades 1, 2 & 7)
2017-2021 Commissioner’s List of Progress Monitoring Instruments (PK)
2017-2021 Commissioner’s List of Assessment Instruments (K)
Pre-Kindergarten & Kindergarten
Links to Texas Screening Instruments
ESTAR/MSTAR Links and Resources (2-8)
Texas Early Mathematics Inventories (TEMI) (K-2)
Elementary Math Tool (TEMI)
TPRI Early Reading Assessment (K-3)
TJAS LEE (Spanish K-1) Reading AssessmentTexas Middle School Fluency Assessment (6-8)
Intervention Resources Building Capacity Response to Intervention
- Effective Instruction for Middle School Students with Reading Difficulties: The Reading Teacher’s Sourcebook
- Effective Upper-Elementary Interventions: Vocabulary and Comprehension
- Effective Upper-Elementary Interventions: Word Recognition and Fluency
- Evidence Based Intervention Network
- RTI Action Network
- Meadows Center Response to Intervention Institute
- Center on Response to Intervention (with links to other resources)
- Building Capacity RTI - The University Of Tx At Austin
- National Center On Intensive Intervention
- Safe & Civil Schools
- Texas Gateway
- Elementary Reading Inventory K-3rd
- Reading Comprehension And Skills In Spanish
- Reading Inventory Grades 6-8