At Risk/Dropout Prevention/Homeless
At-Risk section gives factors which indicate at-risk students and is part of the State Compensatory Education requirements. It combines with Dropout Prevention and offers information on strategies and plans and other resources.Homeless section connects to the Texas Homeless Education office, McKinney-Vento Act, and other resources.Dropout Prevention: school districts and open-enrollment charter schools with high dropout rates, as identified by the commissioner, are required to submit a plan that identifies how compensatory education allotment and high school allotment will be used for developing and implementing research-based strategies for dropout prevention. Click here for more information about the plans.
At-Risk Indicator Checklist - this checklist will provide valuable information in identifying 13 factors for at-risk students.
Homeless students are covered by Title I, Part A and McKinney-Vento regulations. This section will connect to the Texas Homeless Education Office in Austin for more resources and regulations.
- McKinney-Vento Educating Homeless Children and Youth
- Identifying Children and Youth in Homeless SItuations
- Supporting the Education of Unaccompanied Students Experiencing Homelessness
- Determining Eligibility for McKinney-Vento Rights and Services
- Privacy and Homelessness - A Technical Assistance Tool
- Checklist for McKinney-Vento School Choice Considerations