McKinney-Vento Rights and Services
Students eligible for McKinney-Vento services have the right to:
- Receive a free, appropriate public education.
- Enroll in school immediately, even if lacking documents normally required for enrollment.
- Enroll in school and attend classes while school gathers needed documents.
- Enroll in the local school; or continue attending their school of origin if that is preferred.
- Receive transportation to and from school of origin, if requested.
- Receive educational services comparable to those provided to other students, according to student’s needs.
Ensuring Full Participation in Extracurricular Activities for Students Experiencing Homelessness